GOSPEL BAPTIST CHURCH - STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, complete, WORD OF GOD.
II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:19-21; Revelation 22:19.
- We believe there is ONE GOD eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Gen. I:I; John I0:30; 4:24
- We believe in
- the DEITY of Christ - John 1:1-3; 8:58; 20:28;
- His VIRGIN BIRTH - Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:20-23;
- HIS SHED BLOOD for the atonement of sin - Eph. 1:7;
- His BODILY RESURRECTION - Luke 24:36-43;
- His ASCENSION - Acts 1:11;
- His PERSONAL RETURN to establish His kingdom on the earth. Matt. 24:27-30.
- We believe that all men are by nature sinful and lost and in order to be SAVED every person must be BORN AGAIN of the Spirit of God.
Romans 3:10; John 3:3
- We believe SALVATION IS BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH AND NOT OF WORKS: that salvation is a work of the HOLY SPIRIT who convicts of sin and regenerates all who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph. 2:8-9; John 16:8-9; John 3:5-8.
- We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the person and atoning blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the ETERNAL SECURITY of every SAVED person.
- We believe that Satan is real and that Hell is a place of eternal punishment for all who reject Jesus Christ.
Matt. 4:1-11; John 3:36; Matt. 25:41
- We believe that a New Testament Church is an organized body of scripturally baptised believers practicing scriptural ordinances and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission through SOUL WINNING AND MISSIONS, both at home and around the world.
Acts 2:41; Matt. 28:18-20
- We believe that baptism is the immersion in water of a saved person in the likeness of the death, burial and resurrection of the Saviour: and that it is to be administered by the authority of a New Testament Church.
Acts 8:35-38; 10:47-48, 2:41; 16:30-33; Romans 6:3-5; Matt. 28:19-20
- We believe that the Lord's Supper is a Church ordinance to be observed by faithful and obedient members in remembrance of our Lord's death.
I Cor. 11:17-34
- We believe in the resurrection of both the SAVED and the LOST: the saved unto the resurrection of LIFE and the lost unto the resurrection of DAMNATION.
- We believe in the PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE of the New Testament Saints to “meet the Lord in the air”.
I Thess. 4:13-18; John 14:3; I Cor. 15:34-54
- We believe in the PRE-MILLENNIAL SECOND COMING of the Lord Jesus Christ with His New Testament Saints to the earth, according to His promise.
Matt. 24:27-30; II Thess. 1:7-I0; Titus 2:13; Jude 14,15; Rev. 1:7; 5:9-10; 19:11-16; 20:1-6.